Monday 7 April 2008

Compliments

Never hesitate to give a senior citizen a sincere compliment. My guess is that they don't get as many as they used to.

If I see someone in her 80s, for example, who's obviously put her clothes together carefully that day, I'll mention how nice she looks, or what a good color that is on her. It's small, but it has never failed to brighten up someone's face.

Have you ever received a compliment at a time when you really needed a boost? You can live off it for days.

Anon

2 comments:

Happegirl said...

Hi,
I really love your blog. I shared it this morning on my facebook page. I like your attitude, and have been inspired by you to take up some of these activities. I complimented a senior on her scarf and she was over the moon. It is amazing what a little altruism can accomplish.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that giving an honest compliment is one sort of kindness? It shows appreciation. Giving compliments is such a great way to spread kindness. I love seeing someone’s face light up when you tell them how beautiful their shirt or their smile.

Inner Goodness