Sunday 20 January 2008

Daily Acts

Let's see...I make a habit of practicing acts of kindness daily. I encourage it in my kids as well.

This past week:
1. I sat with a friend for about 2 hours, and just talked because I knew she needed someone to talk to. I had a TON of things to do that day, but she needed it.

2. I let someone that I could tell was in a hurry, in front of me in line at a store.

3. I paid for a friends breakfast...she didn't expect it.

4. I went back to pick up a friends child, after I had already taken my child to school...because he had overslept. I missed an appointment to do so.

5. I helped a lady that I did not know....she was purchasing chairs, almost dropped one and I caught it and held it for her, and assisted her while she emptied her cart and conversed with the checker...she gave me a nasty look and grimace...and was very rude to me...snatching the chair from me. Not a thank you...nothing. I explained to someone who asked me why I helped her that I would do it for anyone. I don't do kind acts for the thanks...but because I am able, and it is the right thing to do.



Anon

No comments: